Jabot time in Folksy!

It's an unusual word "Jabot". I looked up the meaning and found this quote,
 "a decorative ruffle or other arrangement of lace or cloth attached at the neckline and extending down the front of a woman's blouse or dress or, formerly, of a man's shirt."
So I have been trying my own versions of  jabots and come up with one fabulous design, handmade by me, using stunning lace which comes in black or white. I've made lovely lace ruffled neckbands with ribbon ties and added a pearl diamanté button. It's a great item for adding the finishing touch to a stempunk vibe outfit or an alternative wedding ensemble. I'm going to make one for myself and wear it with velvet pants, or maybe just to add an edge to a jeans look. I have several of these jabots listed in my stores, here's the Folksy shop, thank you for reading! www.talulahblue.folksy.com

https://folksy.com/items/6678212-Black-lace-jabot-steampunk-neck-adornment-
Black lace jabot



https://folksy.com/items/6678207-White-lace-jabot-
White lace jabot

Comments

Teresa said…
These are so beautiful! Teresa x

Popular Posts