Yay for supplies!

These days I make such a large range of items for my Etsy and Folksy shops, that I seem to be buying supplies almost every day! I seem to home in on a particular thing, such as silk fabric and end up buying it in every colour under the sun, so I'll have plenty to give me inspiration!
This season I have been using lovely millinery flower, birds and butterflies on many of my quirky cocktail hats. Buying packaging has to be the least fun an on-line seller can have!
Millinery flowers and butterflies!

Cute feather birds!
 I buy the flowers and bases from all over the place. It takes a lot of research to source everything I need! My daughter bought back some lovely crystal trims from Hong Kong market on a recent visit, where she was performing her burlesque routine in a club! The birdies come from a shop who I'm now very friendly with, we sometimes do swaps rather than a straight sale, which is great!
Colourful fascinator bases!
It's a good thing my new Ikea shelving has arrived as there is no space for my clothes in the wardrobe. It's full of boxes of fabric, trims and packaging materials!
Many thanks for reading, back soon!!!

Comments

sew vala said…
Looking forward to your new designs. I would love to try to make my own one day although I doubt it would turn out like yours.
Sue said…
Thank you Vala. Why not give it a go and make your own fascinator, if you need any help, I'm here!! ♥
Sue said…
Thank you Vala. Why not give it a go and make your own fascinator, if you need any help, I'm here!! ♥

Popular Posts